Below is a rough guide to regular food and/or drink events in Coventry. Exact dates may vary, cancellations can occur and some months/weeks may be missed out – checking is always advised.
- Every Monday (3pm-8pm): Meat-free Monday at Playwrights. 20% off the entire vegan menu.
- Every Monday: Vegan Monday at The Golden Cross. 20% off the vegan menu.
- Every Monday (3.15pm-5.15pm) The Real Junk Food Project pop-up at Foleshill Family Hub, 454 Foleshill Road, Coventry CV6 5LB. This event is primarily (but not exclusively) aimed at children and families.
- First Tuesday of the month (6.30pm-8.30pm): Sophie’s Book Club at Emily’s Cafe
- Third Tuesday of the month (7pm-10pm): Home Brew Club at Twisted Barrel Brewery and Tap House
- Every Tuesday (2pm-5pm): Members’ open session at Food Union‘s CV5 allotment (Food Union members only. May be cancelled in bad weather – checking advised).
- Every Tuesday : Burger Tuesday at Millsy’s. 2-4-1 on all burgers.
- Every Tuesday: Tapas Tuesday at Queen’s Road Restaurant.
- Every Wednesday (10am-11.30am): Allesley Country Market.
- Every Wednesday: Steak Night at The Rainbow Inn, Allesley Village.
- Every Wednesday: Steak Night at Queen’s Road Mediterranean Kitchen.
- Every Wednesday (4pm-7pm): Members’ open session at Food Union‘s CV5 allotment (Food Union members only. May be cancelled in bad weather – checking advised).
- Every last Wednesday before pay day: Big Wednesday at Twisted Barrel Brewery and Tap House (7pm-10pm). Enjoy any draft beer under 6% abv for £3 a pint. Free soft drinks for designated drivers. Check here for exact dates.
- Last Wednesday of the month: Carvery Club at The Undercroft at St Mary’s
- Selected Wednesdays during term time (9am-3pm): Warwick University Fine Foods Market. Located in the piazza. Variety of stalls featuring street food and artisan products. Full list of dates here.
- Second (or sometimes third!) Thursday of the month: The Share at Beer Gonzo (must be booked in advance – check website for exact dates and full list of events).
- Last Thursday of the month (not December): Coventry Green Drinks (Venue under review). Green Drinks is a way of catching up with people you know and making new connections. If you work in the environmental sector, have an interest in sustainability and/or want to live a more natural, healthy lifestyle, come along and socialise with like-minded people at Coventry Green Drinks. Runs 5.30-8.30pm. Arrive and leave as convenient.
- Last Thursday of the month (form February 2020): Meet the Brewer at The Old Windmill.
- First Friday of the month (from March 2019): Fish Fryday at Leave it to Esmie
- First Friday of the month (from June 2019): Fine Dining Night at Gourmet Food Kitchen (This has now become so popular that there is usually more than one date per month)
- Third Friday of the month: Farmers Market, Broadgate
- Every Friday (from 5pm): Dhillon’s Brewery Tap House open
- Every Friday (12noon-2pm, but advance checking advised): The Real Junk Food Project meal in church hall behind Foleshill Baptist Church, Broad Street, Foleshill.
- Every Friday: Free Pizza Friday at Queen’s Road Restaurant. Free hand-crafted 12″ pizza when you buy a bottle of wine from the restaurant (terms and conditions apply).
- Monthly: Brewery Tour and Tasting at Twisted Barrel Brewery and Tap House, Fargo Village (usually last Saturday of month, but may vary – see Facebook page for exact dates. Must be booked in advance)
- Third Saturday of the month: Garden Market at Allesley Walled Garden
- Last Saturday of the month: Brewery Tour at Byatt’s Brewery. £15 per person. Must be booked in advance.